Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

An entryway worthy of Pottery Barn {at a fraction of the price}

FAMILY IS COMING!

My first reaction to this is "YAY!!  I love visitors, especially family!"  Then it sinks in and have a mini freak out because that means I have until Easter to finish this house! Busy busy busy I will be until then.

I did manage to finish my entryway.  Ignoring the bad light fixture, everything else is groovy.  Inspired from a picture I saw in Pottery Barn that I just fell in love with.  I looked at it and drooled for a while and then realized that I can do this Evansville style, Pottery Barn look on a non-Pottery Barn budget.  So off to work I went.

My inspiration:
 Lovely right?!

Here's mine:


All done for about $100.  

Frames: about $20 total, they were on sale 50% off a Michael's.  Most of them I had already though.  Please ignore the picture frames that do not contain pictures, or even better that contain pictures of people that are not us.  Some are new and some I had used in a display for my business.  Rest assured the appropriate pictures are at print and will be filling the frames shortly.






Mirror: Free.  This hung in our house growing up for as long as I could remember.  Never liked it.  Then  my mom says she still has it, brings it to me and I paint it gold (well white first but that did nothing for it). It did have this funky top piece on it which I immediately popped off.  Wha-la a revamped vintage mirror that I love.



Lanterns:  Already had them from Wal-mart about two years ago on clearance.  



Art Pieces: the old window and iron piece was $15 for both at my favorite thrift store.  The birds were $10 for both at Michael's.


Baskets: $6 each on sale at Michael's.  Those are little chalk boards on the fronts!  They read nothing because, well nothing is in the baskets as of now.  Super cute though.





So there it is, my non Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn entry.  There is one thing Pottery Barn which you may have noticed from the original picture above and that is the pot containing my (fake) flowers (I know a decorating fo-pa.) that were $1.99 each on sale at Michael's.  A fabulous purchase (the pot not the flowers) made with a Birthday Gift Certificate (thank you Lynsey Loo).  Oh and the shelves!  $15 each at Wal-mart.  And sadly no Mad Max this post but Sammyboy insisted he make an appearance.  Hello Sammyboy!

Happy first day of March!!


No comments:

Post a Comment