Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Pallet Shelves {and a trunk}

It won't stop raining here!  It's cozy but also lazy so few things are getting done outside of the house.  And there are excursions Max and I need to go on!  Oh well.

We did manage to finish these shelves this weekend.  Made of an old pallet our neighbor had in his burn pile.  Before I go into details, I do feel I need to give some props to the hubbs.  God bless the man who when wifey comes home with the tailgate up and an old dirty pallet hanging out of the new car, doesn't even bat an eyelash when she says "will you please take this out and cut it up for me?"  All I got was a "why?" When my reply was "to make shelves out of" (naturally, what else would I do with it?), his reply was "ok" and then he did.  He even went so far to buy a circular saw because I was out there cutting this manually with a little bitty hand saw. I love this man.

So!  Old pallet taken out of trash, cleaned off, cut up and hung on walls.  I got lucky and this one is made of oak and is beautifully aged.  I am in love with them!  One is in my craft closet, which is still in the works  but you get a preview.  The other is in the guest room.  It still needs some work on the decor in it (as I look at the pics, that terra cotta pot needs not be that color) but you get the idea.

The trunk is a fabulous thrift find that I white washed.  I just love the leather straps on it.  Super cute but super dark when bought, so I lightened it up.  Perfect.  I currently holds my fabrics.

The paintings are just something I did because that space needed some frenchy paintings and I wasn't going to pay for frenchy paintings.  What do you do in that case? Make your own.  Groovy.














Happy Monday to everyone!  I do love Mondays, the thrill of the week ahead and all I can get done excites me.  I will be dragging myself out in this weather to go get some of my newest obsession, yarn.  No, I don't knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment