Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

A Spring Makeover {dresser redesign}

I'm still working away at the guest bedroom.  This weekend it got a cheery new piece that I am in love with!

It started from 70's drab....


to oh so fab...


 The before pic?  eeek, I know.  Someone did however put alot of time and work into painting that.  So much that I almost hated to get rid of it all.  ALMOST.  No, not really. But I had a twinge of guilt that quickly passed.


Fake painted on wood grain and all, this piece has been on my mind since I saw it awhile back.  Knowing many would pass it over due to its outer appearance, I took my time and slept on it for a good week and then decided it will definitely be worth the work to redo.





So I dragged the hubbs out to pick it up and instantly got to work.  It really is a fantastic piece of furniture.  Good quality, good lines and feet, all drawers in good working condition.  All things you should look for when selecting used furniture.




I am so glad I decided to do this.  Its not perfect.  I am much too lazy to fill screw holes and my fabric in the back is crooked, but I still love it. Much improved from the original anyways. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I have a piece in LEBs playroom that needs this touch. Now I'm inspired.

    ReplyDelete