Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Tradition {old and new}

Growing up Christmas was a very festive time for my family.  One tradition I remember most is us all piling in our station wagon, kids in the WAYYY IN THE BACKKK as we would call it, and eat cookies and drink hot wassail or chocolate while we looked at Christmas lights in the neighborhood.

Tonight we are carrying on that tradition with Max.  I remember having a ton of different varieties homemade cookies on our outing as a kid. I am now pretty sure my mom was the cookie queen because after one set of cookies I am done.  I also think our neighborhood traded cookie trays a lot.  So, since I am the only one who even thinks about giving homemade goodies where we live I have decided to simplify things a bit.

We are taking Hot Chocolate Ornaments and some super cute cupcakes I will post later.


HOT CHOCOLATE ORNAMENTS:


All you do is add your hot water!  The ornaments are plastic and can handle the heat.  If given as a gift, just add a tag saying "just add water" so the recipient knows.  So easy, so cute and many memories to come.

Tradition of New?  Max now has an Elf on his shelf.  His name is Buddy.



YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment