Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Earl {7:45 am}



Here he is! So far, so good.  It really isn't supposed to make a direct hit here but we will get winds around 55 mph.  We are pretty safe in these old buildings, the walls are made of what must be concrete because they bend nails when trying to hang pictures. It is the most frustrating thing in the world and every time we are found cursing the walls because we have made ten holes in the wall and gone through twenty nails to hang one print, we ALWAYS say "well, we will be safe during a hurricane!"


I personally love these storms.  I of course don't want cities in ruin or people stranded and homeless, but the storm itself is amazing to me.  I love the wind and rain. I remember playing in hurricane Alicia way back when.  I can't wait to stick Max out in it and see how he loves it.  JUST KIIIDDDIIINGGG!!!  {maybe}


The family guests are coming in today...  I do hope they get here safely and then we can all just bunker down together.  It will all be gone by tomorrow morning, so the Labor Day festivties will go on as planned.  I have no idea what those festivities are, but we will figure something out.  Grilling will definitly be involved.


Stay safe everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment