Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

The beauty of white noise {and a recipe}


This is what napping in a crib looks like.  This never happens in this house.  This is a big deal.  After many nights last week almost ending in both Max and I crying on the floor {daddy was working nights}, I downloaded a cd of baby white noise.  I have yet to try it at night but it is doing a number on these naps!  ps. the blankets are not covering any air holes, he can breathe just fine.. ithankyou.


He is currently listening to a wash run in a washing machine.  Pure genious.  Happy mommy. 

Anyone looking for a salty snack here you go.  Hot Buttered O's.  My best friend growing up always made these and by the sound of the name alone, she probably made up the recipe while bored one day.  I was snacky and also bored so I whipped up a batch.  They taste just as I remembered.


Melt butter in pan. 


Pour in Cheerios. Stir around so all the O's are covered in yummy butter.


Throw in a pinch or two of salt and pepper.  Focusing more on the pepper works well for me.  They are really good pepper-y, but I am one that puts pepper on popcorn.   Continue to heat and stir until all the butter is absorbed and the O's are all crispy hot.


Pour in a bowl and, easy-peasey-japanesey, you have Hot Buttered O's.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so trying those Hot Buttered O's today. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still make those at least once a month!!!

    -Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey KB! We have a Sleep Sheep for Liam. It is a sheep that hangs on the side of the bed and has various types of white noise. He's used in since day 1 and it seems to help.

    http://www.cloudb.com/ssandf/sheep.html

    The have them at Babies R Us, Target, etc.

    Good luck Mama! I know how you feel with those moments when you want to tear your hair out!

    ReplyDelete