Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Homemade Body Scrub

Mother's Day snuck up on me this year.  I was all excited about MY first Mother's Day and then I realize that while it is a day for me, I still have to remember my mom and mother-in-law!  huh, who knew.

So I needed gifts asap and am pleased with the cuteness of what I came up with.


They turned out quite lovely and are getting rave reviews.  This would also be perfect for shower gifts or just for a girl in your life that could use some pampering.  Or heck, for yourself.  Nothing wrong with that!

HOMEMADE VANILLA BROWN SUGAR BODY SCRUB

Mix together 2 cups brown sugar and 1 cup granulated sugar. Get out all the lumps and bumps.

Add 1 cup Sunflower Oil and 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract. Sunflower, not Safflower. and Sunflower, not olive oil. You don't want to smell like an Italian Restaurant.

Mix again.

Spoon into jars with lids.

Add ribbons, decals, a scoop.  Anything you have to purdy it up.  Presentation is a must when gifting!
 
And BOOM!  a pretty little gift!

Ps. It is smart to add a little tag so they know what they have just received.




No comments:

Post a Comment